Saturday, August 5, 2006

One of these things are not like the other...

I saw this truck the other day and I was reminded of something from my childhood. Who remembers the old Sesame Street? Before all of the "upgrades". You know when Cookie Monster still ate cookies (and only cookies) and Bert and Ernie were just roommates and not secret lovers. (Although I always thought that they were brothers...)

Remember when they showed you a group of items and played the song about which one doesn't belong?

One of these things is not like the others, One of these things just doesn't belong, Can you tell which thing is not like the others By the time I finish my song?

Anyway, I was leaving an office after dropping off some paperwork, this truck caught my eye. Let me exlpain this truck to you, and you will se why it was odd that it caught my eye. It was your normal everyday "landscaping" pick up truck. You know - it was a white, four door Ford pick up with the company sign on the front door. I couldn't figure out what it was that caught my eye. Then I read the sign. In big white letters on a green background it read:

Survival Training. Seals, WWII, Tree Removal Service.

Instantly Sesame Street came to mind.

No comments: