Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving.

Finally a minute to get to the internet cafe. It is actually the second minute I have had since May, but because I kept hitting the wrong key on the keyboard (its a different type of keyboard than I am used to) I kept deleting my post. I finally got fed up and just left, LOL.

Because I only have a minute, this is going to be a short post, but I figure short is better than none at all. Everyone here is doing GREAT. I will be back in the US for a couple of weeks in January, so I will be updating with some pictures then. My camera was eaten by ants, seriously it was, so I am trying to get someone to lend me one to take pics of the kids for my mom, and for updating here.

Ari is growing like a weed. She is so freaking fat. At 8 months she is 23 pounds. I dont know how long she is, but she is big. She is in size 18 to 24 month clothes and size 5 shoe. Looking at her is is hard to believe that she was 5 weeks early. She doesn´t crawl, but she loves to ¨walk¨in her walker. She will stand up by herself in it for almost a minute before she sits back down in it. But she is all over the house in her walker. She doesn´t like to lay down, which would explain why she doesn´t crawl.

Levi is now talking up a storm, in both English and Spanish. Out of all of my kids, he is the most fun. His personality is so much fun.

Lana is excited because in February she will be going to school (kinder) with the rest of her older brothers and sister.

Johan had a hard time adjusting to school, but after a bit he did well. Hopefully next year he will start the year with no problems.

Isa graduated kinder this year, and next year she starts school. Along with homeschool, she will be attending school with Mickey. She likes school, and can´t wait to go to the big school.

Mickey did great this year. On her end f year report card the lowest grade that she got was a 94%. She was a sobresaliente on everything from her behavior, to her appearance, to everything.

Jordan is heading back to the US to spend the Christmas holidays with her father, but she is doing well. She starts collegio (high school) next year as well. She too will be homeschooled. But this way she gets to be around other kids her age. We don´t let her out to much in our neighborhood because most of the kids her age and a bit older are boys. And well, that can become a problem, LOL.

Sendy is doing well as well. If you remember, Sendy is my stepson. He lives with us now, and has been with us since June. Its funny to watch him and Andre together. They act like normal 14 yr old boys (Andre is 3 months older than Sendy) but Andre has a fit because he isn´t used to how other 14 yr old brothers act.

Andre also is doing well. He has lost his chunkiness, and turned it back into muscle from working. Its hard to believe that he will be 14 the end of December. Where did my little boy go? He is coming up with me in January, and he is looking forward to visitng family and friends in the US as well.

Well that was the quick version. When I land in the US, you will know because I will be posting updated pics of the kids and more blog posts.

I hope everyone has a GREAT Thanksgiving, and know that I miss you all :)

8 comments:

Live Simply Love Strongly said...

So glad to hear that everyone is doing well! I've been wondering about you and your family. Ants ATE the camara, they must be some hungry and vicious ants!!!! I can't believe your 8 month old is in 18-24 month clothes LOL, my daughter just started her 24month at 2. I'm sure she'll start lengthening out, and will probably weigh the same for a while. Glad to hear the kids like school. Did you start your garden? How is it doing? Have you ever seen this blog: http://gringaenparaiso.blogspot.com
Can't wait to hear more about your family happenings and see pics. Take care.

Adrians Mama said...

Yay! Love to see updates from you!!

Heather said...

Great to hear how everyone is, cant wait to see pixs! Safe travels!
-h

Anonymous said...

I'm sold glad to hear everyone is doing so well! I hope you had a happy thanksgiving and I can't wait to hear more about your adventures in Honduras!

Lynette said...

Thanks for your update. It' great to hear your family is good. I'm wondering about your garden too. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I wish you a Christmas and New Year's filled with many blessings. I have enjoyed reading your blog because it makes me feel comfortable with the possibility of making a life in HN.

Karen said...

Nice to see you back up if only for one post. My hubby wants to move to a cheaper casita and I keep saying no. There is no internet and with no phone line there we would never get it. [If I had 8 kids I might go since I had very little time for internet when my 4 were at home. Or bathing or eating or tv. :)]

Hope you get a new camera while in the US. I just replaced mine that disappeared a year ago ($50 at Wally World on sale-daughter shipped it to me.) I want to see lots of pictures of your home in Honduras. I love traveling but haven't been there, just around the area. I am guessing it isn't a lot different from El Salvador.

Ginger said...

SO SO SO happy to hear an update!!! I had stopped checking and something told me i should. I am glad everything is good and I cant wait for updates in janurary and lots of pictures of your home and life in Honduras!!

Anonymous said...

I have very much missed your updates. Glad to hear everyone is well. I can't wait to see new pics & stories when you get time. God Bless You all!

~Angela
olanchoboundgringa.blogspot.com