Friday, February 25, 2011

Huh?

When I was the the US working this past year, I left my computer at home.  I mean really, why would I have the need to bring a desktop back and forth to America?  So I left the computer in my room, stored away so that nothing would happen to it, and left specific instructions to not to touch it.  Anyone.  Not even my husband.

A bit after I came home I decided to hook the computer up in my room so that I could watch DVD's.  As I pulled the computer out of storage I knew that it hadn't been left alone as the monitor had lots of beautiful crayon drawings on it, and the CPU had some scratches on it.  But no biggie I thought, the monitor can be cleaned, and hopefully the scratches aren't due to it being dropped.  So I set it up, and it turned on perfectly, and I breathed a sigh of relief.  That is until I went to put in my passcode to log on.  My keyboard is messed up.  In my passcode for my computer i have to type the number 0.  Well in both the number pad as well as the numbers across the top the 0 wasnt working.  Great, I thought.  A new keyboad has to be bought.  And from there, it was pushed to the back of my mind.  Every once in a while it would work its way back to the front, but in general I kept it hidden.

Then I knew I had to get a new one in order to be able to get online.  So less than a week after moving down here, I bought my new keyboard.  Now this keyboard is special  It has Skype buttons and a microphone and speakers and who knows what else in it.  So I set the keyboard up, installed the program and then sat down to read the user manual. 


The user manual comes in Spanish, Portuguese and English.  I started to read it in English, but had to switch over to the Spanish instructions.  Why?  Let me give you some examples of what the user manual says in English.

  • open the controller but no any control on the interface about 10 seconds.
  • This driver is professional for skype if you need this use set chat you must need install this driver for used
  • if no equipment be install to computer no keyboard set computer icon no green set light grey
  • keyboard is support headset a audio and micorphone if you have need used keyboard for in the office of personal very information insert the two jack to jack of keyboard s left side
  • you can skype to your friend or others non need sets by your need.
  • if you feel sound is less or your chat friend feeling that mean is you need nearness especially let your mouth to nearness
  • micorphone of the keyboard middle bottom side
And spelling errors are intentional.  This is exactly how it is in my user manual.

3 comments:

Patty said...

'll bet Nobody did it. Nobody moved into my house, along with Somebody in 1961 and didn't leave until 2001. If you don't know this already, Nobody and Somebody can do more damage than any child; and you can never catch them at it.

Heather said...

Uhhh thats not english, lol!
-h

Heather said...

love the comment above by the way