Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I am starting to feel like things are working out...

Thank God that Juan had his appointment today at the Consulate. If it wasn't for him, I don't know if I would ever get through to the Consulate for information. I texted him some information to ask for me, and we now have a time to go to the consulate to get the younger 4 their passports, and he picked up a card that has the CORRECT email address (hopeully - I haven't actually checked the card out to know for sure, LOL) and he picked up all the paperwork that we need to take with us for our appointment. The one thing I am worried about though is he said that they told him that both Lale and I have to be there to sign papers for the kids. So I don't know how I am going to get the passports and papers for the new baby. But I will ask them when we get there. There is still time. It is going to cost $200 total for the passports, which in all reality isnt that much. He can pay for that before he goes ;)

He now only has 4 weeks left. 28 days from now at this time he will be in Honduras for his first night, and I will probably be sitting here crying my eyes out already missing him. We packed up more stuff over this weekend, and he bought a car on Sunday night so that we can pack the car up with his stuff and it helps in two ways. One he saves money on shipping out the three boxes of his stuff (which would end up costing more money than it would cost to ship the car) and two he will have a car until we get there, which is good for him.

I only have 286 days until I get on that plane and make my way back to him. WOW that sounds like it is a long way away, and I guess technically it is. But those 286 days will fly by. And there is so much to do in that time. I am starting to get a little overwhelmed just thinking about it. Not so much the paperwork (although I know that that in itself will be tedious) but more the last few months of packing and discarding and finding what I need to find to send and just getting ready. I don't even want to think about when it comes time to day goodbye to my mom. I am trying to talk her into going with me, I mentioned it again tonight and she just said, we'll see. LOL. I think I am wearing her down, as it wasn't a NO.

No comments: