Friday, September 15, 2006

On Denise's blog she had asked people what a typical day is like for them. I thought about it, and wrote out my regualr school day schedule.

6:00AM the alarm goes off. I cuss at the alarm, and at my husband, and get up out of bed. It is time to wake up Andre to get him ready for school. If she hasn't already, (she is usually up between 5:30 and 6:00AM) Jolani is just waking up, so it is time to make her a bottle and feed her. Keep after Andre to make sure that he gets dressed, and out the door by
6:45AM6:45AM go wake up Jordan. Since I am waking up Jordan, Mickey, Isa, and Johan wake up too (the downfalls of sharing a room). She gets them up and diapers changed and breakfast made (cereal) for them and gets herself dressed.
7:00AM I usually lay back down for the next hour on the couch to prevent arguing, and doze until it is time for Jordan to go to school
8:00AM goodbye Jordan, off to school she goes. I use this time to wish for sleep. Mick, Isa, and Johan are in their room watching cartoons, so I take this time to take a shower and get myself ready for the day.
9:00AM Jolani is normally back awake now (between now and 10ish) ready to eat again. She is an eating machine!!
10:00AM time to get Mickey ready for school.
11:00AM start lunch for Johan and Isa, get Mickeys coat on her
11:10AM walk Mickey down to the neighbors house so she can go to school
11:30AM LUNCHTIME
12:00 naptime for Johan
12:30PM naptime for Isa
12:30 - 4:00PM washing clothes, cleaning up the apartment, fighting with the kids for a nap, feeding Jolani, emptying and reloading the dishwasher
3:00ish PM Andre comes home, wants snack, wants my attention, doesnt want to do homework
3:30ish PM Jordan comes home, wants snack, wants my attention, doesnt want to do homework
4:00PM start dinner, empty the dishwasher again so we have space for the dinner plates. Change the laundry from washer to dryer.
4:30PM Jordan goes out with the neighbor to meet Mickey's bus
5:00ish PM Mickey gets home, wants snack/dinner, wants my attention, wants to do homework but doesn't have any
5:30ish PM dinner is served - try to get online and eat dinner and settle fights all at the same time - maybe if I ignore them they will shut up. Nope, doesn't work
6:15PM Jordan, Mickey, Isa and Johan take a bath.
6:15 - 6:45PM getting Johan ready for bed after he gets out of the bath6:45PM Johan to bed
6:45 - 7:15PM getting Isa ready for bed after she gets out of the bath
7:15PM Isa to bed
7:15 - 7:30PM getting Mickey ready for bed after she gets out of the bath
7:45PM Mickey to bed
8:30PM Andre and Jordan dont want to go to bed.
8:30 - 9:30PM fight with Andre about going to bed. No you cannot have more food, no you may not stay up untli midnight to watch the simpson marathon, well if you laid in the bed and relaxed more than 30 seconds at a time you may actually BE able to fall asleep.
9:00ish - 10:30PM feed Jolani her final bottle for the night and put her to bed (times vary depending on the day)10:30ishPM cleaning up the apartment again from what Andre and Jordan missed on their chore list. Continue washing clothes, folding them, putting them in the piles they belong in.
11:30PM sit down to watch Tivo before DH comes home and wants my attention
11:31 - 12:00 midnight go to the bathroom, take a shower, forget that I wanted to read or watch Tivo, look around my room and think how much I hate it and maybe I should rearrange it if I ever got the time and energy
12:00ish AM Hubby is home, wants snack/dinner, all of my attention and to watch tv/listen to cd's with him whlie he eats and unwind.
1:30-2:00ish AM go ino the bedroom and pray for sleep - kicking myself that I didn't drug DH' soda with tylenol PM.
2:00 - 3:00ish AM cuss dh out in my head because he wont shut up and go to sleep, not let me go to sleep, really thinking about cooking his dinner with sleeping pills each night.
3:15-3:30ish AM FINALLY dh is asleep. Now maybe I can fall asleep. Dammit he is snoring/laying all over me not giving me space/doing some other annoying thing so that I can't fall asleep
3:30 - 4:00ish AM go to the bathroom another 3 times, keep turning the ac colder and colder because I keep getting hot thanks to my human blanket over there, and finally fall into a coma for the next hour and a half - two hours (sometimes three hours when I am lucky)
6:00AM Start the day all over again

And although it is said with a bit of humor, this is my basic everyday school is in schedule. So when I have posts that just ramble on and make no sense, now you know why.

No comments: