Monday, December 31, 2007

Its all about me

I haven't been on here for a couple of days (more about that in another blog) but I figured the first post I post should be a meme. :)

Karen from The Rocking Pony tagged me the other day for a meme. I am supposed to be telling you 7 random things about me. I dont know how random they will be, but here we go anyway...


1) Many people think I am a horrible mom, well not horrible, but they dont agree with how I raise my kids. They think its horrible that my kids have to learn how to wash their own clothes, and do the dishes and *gasp* have to clean up and vacuum their rooms. They have alot of responsibility, and horrors of horrors, they have to listen, or there is consequences. I am told all the time how mean I am.

2) When I just had Andre and Jordan, I had a rule. No toys with noise. Now that I have 7 kids, that rule seems to have gone out the window. You would think that with just two kids, I wouldn't care, and with 7 I would enforce it more. But I guess I am just tired of fighting it. Or maybe I just have learned how to tune out more things.

3) I would love to learn many other languages besides just Spanish. Why, I dont know. What I would do with it, I dont know.

4) I have to fight myself to get outside to play with the kids, or go for a walk with them. But once I am out with them I enjoy it. So I dont know why I have such a hard time getting out there with them.

5) I am a night person. I can stay up until 3 or 4 AM with no problem. Its getting up with the kids that is the problem. So I have to change who I am because I have kids.

6) I am having a real hard time with my husband so far away. This time is many many times harder than before.

7) I cry easily at movies. Even if they are just a bit sappy, I am crying. Sometimes there doesnt have to be anything sad/touching etc. about it, and I cry.

I had to come back and edit this - I forgot to put down who I was tagging :)
However, I don't like to tag people, but if you read this, you can consider yourself tagged, and if you want to, go ahead and post about it as well.

3 comments:

Jennie B said...

OH MY GOSH! You ARE a terrible mom, to think that you are teaching RESPONSIBILITY! I bet you kids even have manners. I would definitely never teach my kids those, they would be outcasts this day and age. :)

Karen said...

Way to go for being the bad mom! I, too, am a bad mom. I tell my kids all the time that they'll appreciate this when they're living on their own.

Damama T said...

HOORAH FOR BAD MOMS! My boys, now 28 and 25, are very glad I made them: help cook sometimes, help clean all the time, learn to do their own laundry (starting in 6th grade), sew on their own buttons (high school), earn an allowance (well Bug's OK with that one. Twig thought he knew a better way to get money, that's why he's now my oldest jailbird!) and do a bunch of other stuff that they hated.

I cry at movies, too. No matter how many times I've seen 'em. Hubby now knows just when to hand me a tissue during a bunch of our favorites.

I'm also a night person. And please keep pushing yourself to go out with the kids. That's one of my regrets.

I'm sorry that you are having to live so long with a big chunk of your heart so many miles away. Hang in and time will be up before you know it!

Ok. Shutting up now!
xoxo