Monday, April 21, 2008

Going to the chapel...

Lale and I got married in a civil ceremony in Honduras in November 2003. He had issues with a church wedding, because that means that it is forever. (what and 5 children isnt, LOL) So I agreed to wait until we had been together for 10 years to have a church wedding. Then he would feel comfortable enough to know that it was a forever relationship. (I know, I know) Well I have been hearing from a bunch of little birdies - that are my inlaws - that Lale is planning our wedding for when I get there. Which is awesome. It means he has realized, 3 years ahead of schedule, that we are forever.

The only problem with that is, I dont know when it is supposed to happen. Which means, I can't tell my family and friends when it is, so that they can to come down. What am I supposed to do for a dress? I found one that I am going to get, but it is custom made, and it takes 16 weeks or so to get it. What if I get there, and I lose alot of weight, then I have to have the dress taken in, that adds extra time to it as well. So many what ifs. And I can't ask him when he is planning the wedding, because I am not even supposed to know. AARRGG. Men. Doesnt he understand that this is something that he shouldn't be doing on his own?? Doesn't he realize that it is the BRIDES day?

Anyway, here is the dress that I am going to get, only instead of the red color, it is going to have blue instead. (I think. I still haven't totally decided). What do you think?


The Front




Photobucket





Detailed Front Picture




Photobucket





The Back




Photobucket

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! And FTR, yes, anyone with 3 or more children? Crazy. We plan to have 12 or 13. Dre

Jennie B said...

What blue? I say green!! :) of course you know that I like the dress. Plus I don't think taking it in will take as long as making it originally. But men can sure make such a nice surprise an inconvinience. :)

Anonymous said...

Holy crap, that's a beautiful dress!!!! :)

We just had our church wedding last month. It was awesome! I'm excited for you. LoL, how clueless men are sometimes just wows me. What does he think you're going to do for a dres??

LaGringaMasBella said...

Awwwee, I think it's really sweet that he's trying to surprise you but I'd wanna know too.

Well at least the in-laws are giving you somewhat of a heads up.

And the dress is absolutely gorgeous but what kind of blue?

That kind of dress alone says 'forever'.

-Lisa :)

Amie V said...

It's gorgeous! Whatever colour, it'll be amazing.

I love surprises. I honestly, completely do. But something like a wedding should NOT be a complete surprise. Maybe the fact that it's been in the works for a while... but there should be enough time from the moment when *surprise!* is yelled to the actual date of the wedding to let you get everything arranged like YOU want it, too. Like family and friends invited, at the very least. Sheesh. Unless he's doing all that, too, and you just don't know it..... =D

Andrea said...

I love that dress! I love the back! It's beautiful!! I am a fan of the red, but blue would be really pretty too!! He is so sweet to try to suprise you but he should kinda give you a round about date!! Men, they never think of the details, like dresses, your family. ya know minor things!! LOL!!

3LittleFlowers said...

You know I like the dress bc I already told you.... BUT, I was thinking something.... WHAT ABOUT if Lale's surprise includes a DRESS????????????????? Maybe not well chosen (most likely), but what if???

Karen said...

That dress is gor-geous!!!

Here's what you've gotta do. Tell him you've got major plans for your wedding some day and you'd love nothing more than to arrange every tiny little detail because that kind of stuff makes you super happy. Hopefully he'll get the hint.

Nicole said...

I like that dress, especially with the red!!!!

Honduras Sprout said...

The red is so gorgeous. But blue would probably look stunning too. How about just all gold?

I'd freak out if my husband tried to *surprise* me. I probably would have a moment of "you did not".

I'd come straight out and ask. I couldn't take it, I think if it was me.