Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A good response to the naysayers

When people find out that I am planning to take my 7 children and move to Honduras, I get so many opinions. I don't ask these people for their opinions, but yet they feel free to give them to me. I have one friend (my landlord) who tells people he talks to through out the day (people who have no clue who I am) about me and me moving to Honduras, then he will tell me the next time we talk all of the comments that he has gotten. I keep telling him, and others, I don't care.

Its my life, my husband, my children. MY FAMILY. My choice. See the pattern? MY. The word MY - it is a word that relates directly to ME. MY has nothing to do with YOU. See how that works?

Well in one of the groups that I am a member of, someone put up something that really made me smile. I think I am going to use it when people start to talk about me moving to such a poor country. The quote is as follows...

"I had this funny conversation with God on the way thru Trujillo. I said, look at the poverty Lord. He said, what poverty? you in the US are in poverty, this is not poverty! Your country lives in such debt and doesn't own what they have. These people live simply and they
own what they have. Thats not poverty."

6 comments:

Andrea said...

That is so true!! Love that comment!! I think moving to be with family is just fine. And here I am giving my opinion. I always hated unwanted baby advice. People should just keep their mouths shut!! If we wanted advice we would ask for it.

Valarie said...

My oldest child has a disability and it is amazing to me how many people (family, friends and strangers) feel the need to try and tell me how to take care of her. People need to learn how to mind their own business!

Karen said...

I love it! Great motto. And it is truly your life. Go make the most of it!

CancunCanuck said...

Here, here! I totally agree that just because people don't have the material things that seem to be so important in the States (and Canada), doesn't mean they aren't rich in better ways.

People are always going to offer unsolicited advice, heck, everyday people say "Why the hell are you in Mexico, go back to Canada!" (not in an evil, get the hell out way, but in a confused, what are you thinking way). Tell them to shove it, everyone finds their happiness in their own way.

MadMad said...

Don't you love how everyone always wants to run YOUR life, but their own doesn't seem to be going that well... Well, whaddaya gonna do, right? Hey, where's the widdle baby?! (Though the nephew is cute, too!) Speaking of living vicariously, huh? I guess it's any baby in a storm, right? (Though I especially like these ones I don't have to feed and clean up after!)

onthegomom said...

People do not know how to keep their opinions to themselves, that is for sure. I say ignore them and do what makes you happy, that's all you can do!